Improvement Kata Experience
Based on Mike Rother’s award winning book, Toyota Kata…
This interactive experiential workshop offers content and activities which demonstrate the Kata routines, Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata, through hands-on practice. The Improvement Kata is a brilliantly innovative management system that provides the means to achieve two equally important objectives:
- A methodology to achieve challenging objectives that are currently beyond a team’s ability to reach, and…
- Developing managers and leaders as coaches for creating a culture of continuous improvement, adaption, and innovation. This is done through simple, easy-to-teach, time-efficient, daily routines.
- In groups of 5-6 participants practice the two essential Kata; the 5-Question Coaching Routine and Rapid PDCA Cycles to build a scientific way of thinking, acting and managing
- Allow participants to experience the core routines of Kata’s continuous improvement methodology through a highly interactive domino simulation
- Provide an introduction to the core routines, mindset and behavioral practices of the Kata methodology
- Examine and explore how a specific kata builds specific habitual behavior if supported by a coaching routine
- Give the participants an understanding of how leaders and managers can create a lasting culture of continuous improvement through these simple, easy-to-use, and time efficient daily routines
About the Facilitator:
Beth Carrington is an Improvement Kata/Coaching Kata Instructor and Program Developer at LEI and other global organizations such as the University and Michigan. Since 2008 Beth has worked with organization’s deploying the Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata. Since 1999 Beth has been leading organizations in lean transformations helping a diverse group of clients; small and large, repetitive and custom processors in the manufacturing, healthcare, service and government sectors. Prior to consulting, Beth has over 20 years experience in leadership within the personal care, furniture and automotive industries.
More About Kata: