Return On Kaizen
The talk describes a new approach to kaizen that puts economic forecasts in the hands of process owners as well as senior leaders. ROK or “return on kaizen” estimates financial and other improvements from kaizen and other project work that can become the basis of strategic planning and target costing.
In this session you will learn…
- Why ROI (return on investment) shouldn’t be a “dirty word” in the world of lean accounting.
- How senior leaders, process owners and kaizen teams can be empowered with good forecasts.
- How good forecasts change target setting for strategy and project planning.
- How takt time is the basis of target and kaizen costing.
- How value stream maps support forecasting.
- How cycle time and defect reduction rates can be turned into financial forecasts of improvement.
- Why everyone should know the “return” on any investment in improvement.
- How to engage the finance department in supporting the right decisions with the best numbers.
About the Facilitator:
Tom Jackson is co-founder of the Rona Consulting Group, a lean management consultancy focused on transforming healthcare. He is the former President and CEO of Productivity Inc. and Productivity Press. In 1997, he was awarded the Shingo Prize for his book, Hoshin Kanri for the Lean Enterprise.