Welcome to the 2018 Lean Accounting & Lean Management Summit!
Greetings! I look forward to seeing you soon at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. We are busy making last minute preparations for your arrival! If you’ve not been to Savannah
before, you’ll find no shortage delicious places to eat and wonderful places to take long walks. As an added bonus, you may happen to see a dolphin or 2 swimming in the river!
This page will serve as your first orientation to your Summit experience AND we will post updates here as they become available, so check back often.
See you soon!
GETTING TO AND FROM THE HOTEL
For those who are arriving by plane, you can easily get to the Hyatt by taxi or Uber:
TAXI: approximately $28+ $5 for additional passengers.
The Hyatts’s address is:
2 W. Bay Street Savannah, Georgia, USA, 31401
Or if you are arriving by car, visit the Hyatt’s map and directions page.
GETTING AROUND SAVANNAH
During your stay, the following options offer convenient, local transportation:
CHATHAM AREA TRANSIT (CAT) is the local transit system. Each CAT fare costs you $1.50 and if you have to transfer buses, you will have to purchase another fare on the second bus for $1.50.
DOWNTOWN SHUTTLE (dot): complimentary shuttle service offering transportation throughout the Savannah Historic District.
SUMMIT REGISTRATION TIMES
The Registration Desk will be open during the following times. Look for it at the top of the escalators located in the lobby. Stop by to receive your name badge and other credentials.
Wednesday (for pre-summit workshop participants)……….7:00AM – 8:00AM
Thursday morning ………. 7:00AM – 8:15AM
FINDING THE SUMMIT
Coming through the front doors of the Hyatt and simply look for the escalators located just left of center in the lobby. Follow this link to see the facility map.
Presentations that have been made available to date are available to download to your electronic device or for print by following this link (pending). Keynote presentations will be loaded to this page following each keynote.
Download the most recent participant list by using password LAS after following this link…
This list is automatically updated as new registrations arrive.
WHAT TO WEAR
Most participants will be comfortable in business casual. Bring a sweater or light jacket as conference rooms can be quite cold at times. Also, bring a pair of comfortable walking shoes for an evening stroll around this beautiful historic town.
BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND BREAKS
- If you are participating in the optional full day Wednesday workshops, breakfast, lunch, and break service is included in your Summit participation. Breakfast will be available from 7:00AM-8:00AM. Please check in at the Summit Registration Desk to get your credentials and meal tickets, then head to breakfast before your workshop begins at 8:00AM.
- If you are participating in the optional AM half day workshops, breakfast is included. Breakfast will be available from 7:00AM-8:00AM. Please check in at the Summit Registration Desk for your credentials and meal ticket, then head to breakfast before your workshop begins at 8:00AM.
- If you are participating in the optional PM half day workshop please check in at the Summit Registration Desk for your credentials between 12:30-1:00PM. Your workshop begins at 1:00PM.
- If you are participating in a workshop, we are giving you a new option to view the content. We hope this fits your learning needs. You will receive an email containing an e-manual for the workshop you registered for (If you do not receive this email by Friday, September 8th, please reach out to Jaclyn at email@example.com.) Distribution of e-manuals means we will NOT be providing hard-copy manuals at the workshop. We find more and more often, attendees prefer electronic copies of handouts so they can take notes directly on their device. Our hope is we are better stewards of our environment and our resources while also meeting the changing needs of the attendee community. If you prefer a hard copy, simply print the e-manual at your convenience and bring with you to the workshop.
All Summit Participants:
- Breakfast, lunch, and break service will be available all day Thursday and Friday. Dinners are on your own, but please do find another attendee or thought leader to join you for dinner. There are always groups lingering in the lobby.
If you require CPE credits you will be responsible for completing the evaluation [provided to you at registration and turning it in at the end of the summit. If you do not turn on in or if you do but do not put your name on it we will not be able to send you a CPE credit certificate.
BREAKOUT SESSION ATTENDANCE
You were not asked to commit to breakout sessions or tracks when you registered. We did send out a session survey a couple of weeks ago to get a sense for the number of people interested in each session. You are NOT obligated to attend the session/s you chose on that survey. Please feel free to attend sessions as you see fit.
Attendees who do NOT require CPE credits are asked to utilize the online system for submitting their conference evaluation. The links to follow for each session’s evaluation is listed below as well as on the program you will find in the lanyard you receive on site at the event.
Opening Keynote: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/k1/
Breakout 1: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b1/
Breakout 2: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b2/
Breakout 3: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b3/
Breakout 4: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b4/
Special Session – The Lean Economy: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/s1/
Day 2 Opening/Morning Keynote: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/k2/
Breakout 5: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b5/
Breakout 6: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b6/
Breakout 7: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b7/
Breakout 8: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/b8/
Overall Feedback: http://laslms.leanfrontiers.com/overall/
EVENING MEALS & ACTIVITIES
Be sure to get out to enjoy the beautiful evenings and walk around the Savannah area. The history is fascinating and the dining options are delicious!